What it covers?
Every insurance works with different conditions and in addition each insurance has different proportions covering the property and covering the valuables. You will need to get proper information on how each insurance works alongside with the payback conditions in most generic instances.
You will need to make sure that you are aware of the following:
- If the burglary happens due to a window or door being left open, even if someone needs to climb through the dog-door, chances are you won’t get paid back anything in this instance. The insurance company needs you to present them with proper evidence on the break-in happening in an enforced or forceful way. They need to be presented with locks being broken or taken out, a door being broke in or a broken window. If the break in happens and it’s due to your fault, then you won’t be reimbursed.
- You will also likely not receive much of any reimbursement if it’s revealed that you did not use all your locks, by the time the burglary happened.
- When making the contract you will need to adhere certain expectation in terms of locks and other means of security.
The insurance companies had to adopt tons of security measures and payment conditions at their own end in order to avoid all the fraudsters, who rehearse a robbery that never happened in real life, in order to get reimbursement from the insurance companies. This is also the reason why many insurance company employs former or retired policemen as case –investigators to make sure an event really happened.
Conditions of payment
Don’t forget that insurance companies are quite picky in what they pay back and how much of your total loss they cover. Before getting an insurance always check all the conditions or you may easily end up being robbed and not getting any money back from the insurance company.
- The locks which are required: there are locks which are compliant and which many insurance companies expect their clients to have. If someone does not have compliant lock systems they may not be reimbursed at all.
- If there are certain valuables which should be kept in a safe as per the insurance contract and they get stolen while being outside of that safe, you won’t receive a reimbursement.
- Lock changes may only be rehearsed if they are performed by one of the approved Bournemouth locksmith companies being in direct contact with the insurance company. That’s why you need to call the insurance company number as soon as you have called the police, to get further instructions from them. Failure to do so may result in you not getting reimbursed.
In addition make sure to always read the small letter part to be clear on all the terms and conditions